6 Important Reasons to have a Medical Professional Administer Your Pregnancy Test
Free medically administered pregnancy testing
You might be wondering why we talk so much about scheduling a pregnancy test with one of our trained professionals. Yes, you can buy a pregnancy test at many stores. Yes, you can take them at home or at school in privacy. However, there are several reasons that having a test administered at The HOPE Center Clinic will be beneficial for you.
- Accuracy – There are several situations that can cause a home pregnancy test to show an incorrect result. While false positives (when a test says that you’re pregnant when you really aren’t) are rare, false negatives are little bit more common. Your test could be expired, or it could have been stored improperly causing the test to lose accuracy. At The HOPE Center Clinic, our tests are regularly checked to make sure you get an accurate result.
- Trained professionals – Taking a pregnancy test probably isn’t something that you do daily, but here at The HOPE Center Clinic, our medical staff administer and interpret pregnancy tests every day. They’ve seen it all and will be able to help you determine what day and time is best for you to come in for your test.
- Advice/info – Our staff have helped thousands of women in a wide variety of situations. If you have a specific concern regarding your test, your pregnancy, or your options, we are here to help! We are here to answer your questions and get you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your future.
- Proof of pregnancy – No matter what decision you make regarding your pregnancy, you will need a Proof of Pregnancy. This is a paper that confirms that your pregnancy test was administered by a professional and is accurate. When you have a positive test at our center we will be able to provide you with this documentation.
- Access to ultrasound – One way to absolutely confirm a viable (healthy) pregnancy is to have an ultrasound. If you have a positive test while here at our clinic and meet our parameters we can schedule you for an ultrasound. Often, we can schedule the ultrasound for the same day, or you can come back with a family member or friend at a later date. This ultrasound can be a useful tool for sharing your pregnancy with people you care about and helping you make decisions about your next steps. As with all our services at The HOPE Center Clinic, it’s 100% free!
- Support – Regardless of the outcome of your pregnancy test, our trained advocates are ready to listen and support you. If you’re scared, worried, or stressed by your result, our office is a safe place to voice your concerns and find answers. We can also give you referrals for further support if needed.
Whether you’ve already taken a home test or not, you are welcome to call, text, or click here to schedule a test at The HOPE Center Clinic. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have. We look forward to serving you soon.